Monday, May 11, 2009

Doctors appt and weekend score

I had another doctors appointment this morning.
On my way to class the dr.'s office called me, informing me that my doctor was sick and gave me the option of seeing a nurse midwife. That was fine with me.
After a very uncomrfortable class, I headed for town. I have gained a total of 30 lbs and my blood pressure was 102/62. The midwife was happy with both. She asked me if anything new was going on so I told her about the pain I've been having in my back and upper abdomen. Once she was sure it wasn't from my kidney or liver, she told me it was probably just sore muscles and/or ligaments and gave me a couple of stretches to do a couple of times a day.
She told me to come back in a couple of weeks and my doctor will do a Strep B culture and start internals.
Well, the only available appt in 2 weeks is at a bad time so my next appt in in 3 weeks again. Oh well.

Ok, now for the weekend score.
There are only a couple of items that I really need before the baby gets here to make me feel 'ready'. A Boppy and a changing table pad. I'd explained this to Ian and he wasn't following me, at all!
We decided to go and check out a few garage sales on Saturday and one of the used kiddie stores in town. I found my Boppy pillow for $7 at a huge sale of kids stuff put on by a group called 'Moms and More'. Score #1. Those suckers retail for about $40!! Oh and of course, we had to(ok, I hat to) buy a couple more outfits. :)
The other sales were a bust but the used kiddies store..well, they had a changing pad and we even picked up a pair of really cute Robeez shoes! :) It was a good day.
Now, I just have to convince Ian to let me buy covers for the pillow and changing pad instead of trying to make them myself or just wrapping a sheet around them...sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment