Monday, August 17, 2009

Survived the first day

The first day wasn't so bad. There is a lot of papers to keep track of and reports to generate but I'm confident that once I get into a groove and get the chance to really read the reports, I'll feel better about what I'm doing! Sometime this week I have to go through orientation at the plant; even though most of it doesn't pertain to me. I will not be out on the floor so I don't really need to worry about lifting heavy stuff. Lets see...what else..right now they are running cream style corn, whole kernel corn, and frozen corn, along with green bean. They switched to corn last week from peas and that switch added 3-500 more employees. The plant is running in 12 hour shifts. I heard one worker worked 20 hours in one day. craziness!! These extra employees are mostly migrant or temporary workers. Apparently, Senecca has apartments that they will rent them as well. For the crazy price of $50 a week.
In other news.
I headed to bed as early as I could last night. I'm sure I will be doing the same thing until this job is over. Ady woke up at 1:45 and needed some help so after she was taken care of I assumed Owen would be up soon since he is usually up around 2 for a bottle and diaper change. I woke up at 5:30 when my alarm went off and realized that Owen never woke up!! He slept through the night!! I hope he keeps this up!
The night before I was to return to work after I had Ady, she slept through the night for first time. Owen did the same thing. How ironic is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment