Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dr. update

I went to the doctor on Friday. I didn't hear what I wanted to hear; which was that I am going to have this baby this weekend but oh well. He'll show up one day!!
My doctor did tell me that I am a 'loose 1 cm. Last week I was a tight 1 cm" I say boo to that. She said it's good that I made progress. She also told me that I tested the tiniest bit positive for Strep B. So when I go to have this kid and my water breaks, they will start penicillin in my IV. No biggie.
She also told me that I can have sex (blegh), eat spicy food, and drink red raspberry leaf tea, and go walking to try and move things along. I'm drinking my tea. I'm going for walks. I tried to talk Ian into Indian food but he wants Owen to stay put until the 21st. Umm..no. And I bet you can guess where I stand on the trying to have sex thing to get this kid out!!
Ian wants Owen born on the 21st. Not b/c it's Father's Day but b/c its the Summer Solstice. Longest day of the year. Sorry, dear, I don't care. I just want to have an outside babe!! And soon!!!
So next appt is on my due date, Friday. My doctor will be out of town so it will be with one of the midwives again.
I really hope that the next post you see from me is when I've started labor and I'm telling you all that I'm on the way to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment