Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just Between Friends

Twice a year, there is a wonderful consignment sale that is just bursting with kids clothes, and gear, and toys, and books, and shoes, and on and on. I've been going for a year and a half or so. This past Thurday was the winter sale. My first sale, I went with a friend on half price day. Big mistake. Everything was really picked over. I learned my lesson and now I'm there in line waiting for the doors to open on the first morning.
Ian was kind enough to walk Ady over to school so that Owen and I could be up at the sale when it opened. We got there early enough that we waited inside. By the time the doors opened, the line was out the main door.
As soon as the doors opened, I bolted for the gear. That's the stuff that goes quickly and there were a couple of items I was hoping to find. I needed a Bundle Me cover for the car seat since Nora will arrive Feb. and I was hoping to find a new highchair and maybe even a play kitchen for Owen. I found a great Bundle Me, but the other two items were a bust. There were a couple of play kitchens there but they weren't great. The only on that was great came from Pottery Barn and the seller was asking $80 A PIECE! That's too much for my blood! So it was on to the clothes...
I think I got some great buys this season! It's getting harder and harder to find things for Ady since at her age clothes can last more than one season. But I did manage to find a few things for her. I found lots of stuff for the younger two though!
Here's what I got:
 Ady:
3 Fleece sweatshirts
2 button down shirts (one was Ralph Lauren)
1 outfit - pants, turtleneck, and vest

Owen:
1 winter coat
1 fleece sweatshirt
3 long sleeve shirts
2 button down shirts
2 sweaters
2 pairs of jeans
3 pairs of PJ's

Baby Girl:
1 Bundle Me car seat cover
1 sleep sack (looks brand new!)
3 fleece sleepers
1 dress
3 outfits
4 cotton sleepers (with zippers!! I'm done with all those snaps!)

I got all of that for...are you ready for it?!?!....$155!! I could have spent that on just Ady if I had bought everything new in a store!

One day I hope to sell all of our baby clothes with JBF, but it will be a bit of a pain since I'll have to drive up to the cities. Why there isn't a JBF sale in Rochester is beyond me!

1 comment:

  1. So you decided on Nora for sure then? :) I hadn't heard anything so I didn't know if maybe you were gonna push for Maggie. Is the middle name going to be Elisabeth then? Cute name.

    ReplyDelete