Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First dream about Owen and nursing class

Last night, Ian and I went to a breastfeeding class. I didn't get too much out of it, mainly because I've tried to do it before. The thing that stuck with me the most is 'it's not supposed to be painful!' When I tried to nurse Ady it was painful from the start and it stayed that way. I could never get her to latch on properly. This time, I'm determined to make it work. So we took a class and I've bought a book to read.

Also last night, I had my very first dream about Owen. Ian and I just walked into the hospital b/c apparently, I was in labor (although I was acting like a gal in labor). There were no details of my labor or delivery. I just knew I'd had the baby and I got out of bed and put my OLD CLOTHES ON! Thats right, straight from delivering a baby back into my old jeans and a green shirt! Wouldn't taht be nice?! To make it even better, I looked way better in my dream then I ever did before I got pregnant!
I held Owen for a minute but he looked 'weird' to me..very baby clown like. His skin was orange and just not right. I went to the bathroom and there was a protest of some sort in the bathroom (yeah, weird) and I sat there thinking 'I've lost it. Someone has taken my baby' (b/c all I remembered was seeing a weird looking doll, not my baby!!)
I left the bathroom and went back to this giant room. Ian was sitting there with his buddy Nisar from work and holding Owen. This time it was actually our baby. He had blue eyes and tons of sandy blonde hair that was just wild. I picke dhim up and held him in front of me so I could get a good look at him.
That was it..that was my dream. It was a rather weird one, too! **EDIT: I talked to my mom this morning and she had a dream about Owen too! In her dream, he had red hair! :) She always wanted kids with red hair and that didn't happen, so now she is hoping for a grandbaby with red hair!

I'm pretty much at 30 weeks now. Oh which reminds me...I picked Ady up from my friend Jen's last night and the first thing Ady said when I got there was, 'Do you have the baby mom?" Poor kid thought I was going to be bringing home a baby with me. I told her that we still have at least 10 weeks before we see him and that he isn't down cooking. She repeated that to me all night! :)

1 comment:

  1. lol cooking!
    bun in the oven!

    Man, ady would've been a cutie with red hair. Maybe owen can make your mom's dream come true! I can only imagine how excited she'd be to see a baby with a head of red hair. lol.

    ReplyDelete