Monday, March 30, 2009

Dr appt

I went to the doctor today. Since I"m 28 weeks along now, I also had my GD test (gestational diabetes). I went in at 11 and drank super sweet lemon-lime stuff and then sat in the waiting room watching ...watching...brain fart here....I used to love this show and watch it ALL. THE. TIME. Holy cow. What Not To Wear. Sheesh...anyway...I was really nervous b/c I hate having my blood drawn. When I had my first appt and they took my blood, I pretty much passed out. Not fun. I don't recommend it.
My hour passed and the gal called me back. Luckily, this time I had a talented lady draw my blood and I hardly felt a thing!! yay!! Once that was done I met up with Ian and had lunch. Then it was time to wait for my OB appt.
Once I was called back they took my blood pressure, 100/42, and then they weighed me. Boo. I've gained 9 lbs in the last month. 9!! That's twice as much as I should have gained. My dr asked me if I knew why I gained so much. I blamed it on the Cadbury eggs....at least my craving for those has gone away! I've moved onto oranges. And my ever shrinking stomach helps with how much I eat now too! Dr said not to worry about the weight so much but to keep a better eye on things this time around.
She had me get on the table and she measured my belly, right on track there and Owen's hb is 143 per minute, so also good there. :)
That was it. Then on my way out she called me, 'Ms. blimpie" !!! I was shocked!! Oh well...I know she didn't mean it in a mean way, she was trying to make sure I didn't make too much of this weight thing..but I am. I've already gained what I gained with my entire pregnancy with Adyson..and I have about 11 weeks to go.
I go back in 3 weeks now. And we have a breastfeeding class next Tues. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment