Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ok, baby update. 19w6d

Owen is going through a major growth spurt! All I seem to be interested in is eating and sleeping. I've slept like a log the last two night and woken up exhausted. Today I took a 2 1/2 hour long nap. It was wonderful. Before that I had an egg, cheese, and ham sandwich with hot chocolate. What more could a pregnant lady ask for?? ;)
I felt a major kick last night as Ian and I were watching a movie. I'm used to the little ones and wasn't expecting a big one when it happened. I actually said 'oh'. Ian asked me what was up and I told him that I just got a swift kick to my belly button! :) He actually had a reaction, so that was good! :)
As soon as we found out that we are having a boy I wanted to show Ian the bedding that I'd been looking at all along. Yeah, he didn't like any of them..so the search was on. It only took us a few minutes to find one and fall in love with it. Here it is...





We both love it because it's neutral and can be used with any future kiddos that come along. It matches the wall color of the room already, and it isn't typical but not overly modern for us. Now, we just have to order it!

What else is there...oh yeah...I read a few blogs out there. A couple of my favorites are Dooce and MightyGirl. Well Maggie, aka MightyGirl, posted a video from momversation (love that site) about circumcision. I watched the video and it was rather hard to get through because all the moms were very hard core on one side or the other. There has never been a question that Ian and I would circumcise our son. Never. We never even had a 'talk' about it. Until last night when the topic was breached for the first time...
We ran some errands and on the way home, Ian mentioned he was nervous about having a boy because he 'will have to teach him to be a man'. I asked Ian what he thought that meant and to him it means teaching him to play sports and neither Ian or I are athletic. I think there is more to it than that and that Ian will do fine. I expressed my nervousness at having a boy too. I know what to do with a little girl..been doing it for over 4 years now....so I told Ian that he would have to be there for the circumcision..I just can't watch that!

Ok, I think thats about all. I'll try and get a decent belly picture in the next couple of days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment