Friday, January 23, 2009

Instinct was right!

Today was the big ultrasound and we are happy to announce that

It's A Boy!!

Back when I was pregnant with Adyson, we talked about boy names and decided on Owen Douglas so this time we will be able to use the name. Owen Douglas is on his way! :)

We went in for the ultrasound and the tech squirted the goo all over my stomach. I was braced for something cold and was very surprised that it was quite warm. Owen was breached during the u/s and my placenta was anterior (in front of my uterus) so the tech was pushing very very hard on my stomach to get all of the measurements. She finally asked us if we would like to know the sex and we answered yes! She was moving the wand around trying to get him positioned the best way and Ian said he could see 'it'. The tech told him 'No, that was the umbilical cord'. Anyway, next thing we knew she was telling us that we are having a boy! Everything looked great on the ultrasound. He is even measuring a couple of days ahead and weighs in at 11 oz right now.

This confirmed my gut instinct from the start. For whatever reason as soon as I found out I was pregnant I said that this time I was having a boy. I guess that says something for 'mothers instinct'.

After the ultrasound we made the required calls to family and shared the good news. Then I had to go out and buy my first 'boy' outfit. I have to say, boys get gipped in the cute clothes department!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the little fella!! I completely agree with the boys getting jipped...been my complaint all along! I still have managed to buy Rylan WAY more clothes than he could possibly ever wear, though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete