Monday, August 8, 2011

13 weeks

 So the 13 weeks post is a teeny bit late but we've been super busy! My in-laws have been in town so we've been spending time with them. Ian and I took Thurs and Fri off last week so we could run around. On Thurs we all went to Niagra Cave in Harmony. Ady had a blast. When we asked her what she thought of the cave, her reply was ' it was awesome'! I'm so glad she loved it!! I think we all had a good time there. Owen didn't even seem to mind it much. He got to spend the hour in the cave on Ian's back. That was a little tricky in parts because the ceiling was low and Ian have to bend over to get through. But Owen only bumped his head once. And it was a little bump. As soon as we got back to town on Thurs, we went to Thursdays on First to grab a quick dinner. I (ok, well Owen ate a lot of it) had paella and it was delicious! Then it was off to Ady's final swim lesson. Unfortunately, she didn't pass the level, so we will be doing level 2 again in Sept. I was still really proud of her though. Poor kid just can't float. She doesn't have any body fat to keep her up!
On Friday, we headed over to Wisconsin. Ian wanted to show his dad a bicycle museum over there and go on a 32 mile bike ride. That left Care and I to entertain the kids. Care decided she wanted to go shopping and there was no way I was going to try and take my kids into a bunch of antique shops, so we found a park. With no shade. And no benches to sit on. Awesome. After a while at the park I convinced Ady to go over to a creek to put her toes in it and cool off. I figured by the time that got boring, we would have to load up and go find the boys. Ady took her sandals off and walked around a bit. I walked further down the bank to see if there a better spot for Owen to dip his toes in. All of a sudden I see this gray thing jump into the water. It was a damn snake. I jumped back and told Ady to get her shoes on!!!! I hate snakes!!
After that we walked over the picnic shelter where there was a pop machine. I was dying for some water! I put my money in, hit the button for water and get root beer. Uh. Maybe I hit the wrong button or something. (Owen was playing with the buttons too) Ady wanted an orange soda. Well that one said sold out. So we picked another kind and we got...root beer. I gave up after that. Two unwanted root beers was my limit.
Care, the kids, and I headed for Elroy to pick up Ian and Rob. When we got there, they weren't around so we wait a while. After 15 min of waiting, I called to find out where they were. Yeah, they were only 16 miles into their 32 mile trip. Care and I quickly told them to stop in the next town and we would pick them up there!!
After loading them up and driving a couple of more hours, we stopped and had a pretty good dinner in Chippewa Falls. Then it was more driving to get to our hotel for the night. It was 9 by the time we got to the hotel. Owen was asleep and Ady was itching to get into the pool. So that's what we did. We all headed for the pool. Ady did every single one of the skills she needed to do to pass level 2 of her swim class. If only she had done that the night before! Oh well. It was a late bedtime for the kids that night, but it meant that they slept like rocks and didnt wake before 8.
Besides the bike ride, the other point of our trip to WI was so Rob and Care could see some old friends of theirs. We spend the afternoon at their farmhouse. It was mostly a nice relaxing day. The kids did really well. Until it was time to eat. Owen was just too tired and Ady is just too picky of an eater. The conversation rolled around to us making a trip to AK next summer for Rob and Care's 40th wedding anniversary and their friends told us we could stay in the condo that they keep up there! Now, I just have to talk Ian into it!
Those are the major points of our weekend. Lots of traveling. Care is home now (or maybe almost home) and Rob will be headed out Tues.



Baby's now the size of a peach!

Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.



Due Date: February 9, 2012!

Weight Gain:I"m up 6 lbs now

Symptoms:  I'm at that awful stage of pregnancy where you don't feel pregnant, you just feel F-A-T!! And I'm really tired again. (But that should probably be blamed on a jam packed schedule and not the babe)

What's different this time: don't know this week.

Cravings: water and Flapdoodles ice cream and ceral

Aversions: large meals. I'd rather have lots of little ones.

Sleep:Is good, I just want more of it!

I am loving: Ady is done with swim for the summer. I'm kind of lost when I think about what to do with my evenings now...

I miss:  cool weather...but it's coming!

I am looking forward to:my appt on Friday! I'm really hoping my midwife want to take a peek at the baby and offers to give me a guess!

I'm spazzing about: Getting Ady read for the first grade and when we should move Owen upstairs

Best thing about this week: no big plans!

Milestones: Hello second trimester!

Movement: it should happen in a couple of weeks!!

It's a...: I'm already convinced it's a girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment