Friday, August 26, 2011

16 weeks

 
your baby's the size of an avocado!
Now, she's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and she's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear her heartbeat. 
Stay on the lookout for some fluttering sensations in your abdomen. It might not be right at 16 weeks, but pretty soon you’ll start feeling baby moving around in there. At first those moves might feel like gas or a muscle twitch, but over time, as baby gets bigger and stronger, they’ll be unmistakable. Of course, feeling those movements comes with other issues, like having your lungs crowded by your growing babe. That could make it seem tough to catch your breath from time to time. Don’t worry: There are some positive symptoms you might be having at week 16. For example, some moms-to-be find their hair and nails grow faster. (Your hair might actually look thicker and more lustrous and your skin might look radiant, too. Woo hoo!) Another cool fact? Baby’s starting to be able to hear your voice -- and she’ll recognize it at birth -- so feel free to chat her up.


Due Date: February 9, 2012!

Weight Gain:I have no idea.

Symptoms:  belly has popped out now. Ian and I both caught colds this last week, so that's been fun!

What's different this time:I'm in maternity pants already. With Owen, that didn't occur until 17 weeks

Cravings: really cold ice water and chocolate milk

Aversions: big meals

Sleep:Is good, I just want more of it!

I am loving: counting down until we find out if we are having a boy or a girl!

I miss:  nothing right now!

I am looking forward to:feeling those first flutters!

I'm spazzing about: making changes. I want to change things around the house but it seems there is never enough time!

Best thing about this week: Owen is starting to catch on when I tell him there is a baby in my belly

Milestones: Hello second trimester!

Movement: I'm hoping it happens very soon

It's a...: I'm already convinced it's a girl

No comments:

Post a Comment