Friday, July 1, 2011

First Appointment

I had my first midwife appointment today. I'm so glad I made the change from OB to the midwives. It feels so nice to know that I will be making the choices about my care and that when I deliver, I will recognize the face that is in the room with me!
Now, don't get me wrong, I loved my docotr when I was pregnant with Owen, but wasn't very happy when she told me at the last appt that she was leaving on vacation so there was no way she would be delivering me. I was delivered by two residents and an attending that stood over their shoulders with his arms crossed the whole time. NO THANK YOU!!
Anyway, back to 3.0. :) I'm measuring right at 8 weeks. We could see the heart fluttering away but she didnt try to hear the heartbeat, we will do that at my next appt in 6 weeks.
She said my stomach muscles are good and strong for a third time mom! Everything looks good and she has even started giving me tips on nursing already! (I love her for that!)
That's about all. I'll leave you with our first look at 3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment