Monday, November 16, 2009

The next step

I have started Owen on solid foods. So far we have tried cereal and peas. He's a fan of both! Next on his list are carrots and green beans. I found myself at gerber.com this morning and ended up printing off a recommended menu for him. We'll see how that goes.

Ady is doing good. She is ready for christmas already and keeps asking me when it will be here. :) I cleaned her 'natural disaster' of a bedroom last Monday and she has done an EXCELLENT job of keeping it clean. When she gets up in the morning I tell her to make her bed, and she complies! No whining, no throwing of a fit! Her room is still spotless after a week!

Today, I get to tackle my room. That will be a long chore. I tried to get Ian to help me with is this weekend. You can guess how that went since my plan is to clean it today.

Ian reminds me daily that he is going to be gone more and more as he gets deeper into his research and class work. I know this. I've known this. I don't like a daily reminder. I'm weird, I like having my husband around. I know that there will be times when we don't get to eat a single meal together for a week. I know it's coming, but, dangit, I don't want to think about it now! Thank you very much. Right now, I want to look forward to him coming home at a semi-normal hour 4 out of 5 days a week.

As for me, well still looking for work, still not finding a darn thing. There just isn't anything out there. I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't pull the kids from daycare now. I know it's only been a couple of weeks but it's grim out there. It would save us a good chunk of money every month. I would probably have to give up my sanity if I was taking care of those 2 babes all week on my own..but we all have to make sacrifices, don't we? I haven't mentioned this to Ian b/c well, it's not my favorite idea. I want to work. I want something that's just for me. And I know that yes, we can live on just what Ian is making while in school, but it would be very very hard to do that. We would have to live on a VERY strict budget. I'd much rather live with two incomes and have a savings account and be able to buy the things that we want not just what we need, and be able to save for vacations. So I'm not giving up yet.

Oh! We had our pictures taken last week. They were ok. I wanted family pictures and they ended up only doing one pose of us as a family. Tons and tons of pictures of the kids though.

1 comment:

  1. It's been years since we've gotten to buy things that we want and not just need. I hope you find something soon. ^_^!

    ReplyDelete