Monday, November 9, 2009

Bulletin Post

It's been a while since I've updated this thing, so it's going to be bullets b/c I don't think I could get my thoughts all together!





  • Ian took me out for my birthday to a place called 300 First on the 30th. My food was great! I have scallops in mango salsa with grilled polenta. Ian had a steak that was dissapointinly small. Dessert was the best though. Pumpkin cheesecake. Yum!
  • For my birthday Ian bought me a new cookbook. 'The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook'. It's fabulous. I'm only about a 1/4 of the way through 'reading' it and there are already so many post-it tabs to mark recipes that I have to make. I've made three so far and each one has been very good!


  • Halloween was ok this year. Ady dressed as Snow White. She loved her costume. That downside was that it was very cold that night! We didn't have very many kids come to the door and our doorbell has stopped working so I had to leave the door open so I could see kids coming to the door. Ady came home very cold and tired! 


  • My baby is somehow 5 years old now. I can't believe it! She had a good birthday. Ian and I bought her a set of markers that when used on special paper turn out extra bright. She loves them. My refrigerator looks like an art museum now! :) Granny and Pa in Alaska sent some warm winter clothes, Snow White barbie, and a really cool Alaska hat. Granny and Pa in Indiana sent Ady a pretty dress and a 'Willow Tree' Birthday Girl figurine that Ady declared to be 'beeeautiful'. I made a good dinner that night and we finished the meal with carrot cake complete with pink cream cheese frosting:)



  • I'm still searching for work. I applied for the director of a small library. We drove to the library this weekend to check it out and see how bad the drive is. That trip pretty much ruled it out for me. It's a very long 1.5 hour drive. One way. And there is nothing but open fields the whole way, so terrible roads in the winter. 
  • I think thats all. On today's 'to do ' list: dishes and cleaning Ady's 'natural disaster' of a bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment