Sunday, March 14, 2010

ok, here's what's up

Things have been busy around here, that's why I haven't posted anything in a while.
First the hardest and worst news. Grandma died. On March 2, mom called me while I was at work and broke the news to me. I left work and went to find Ian. I think I scared him when a secretary called him and told him that there was an emergency and he needed to come downstairs.  Ian had to finish up work before we could leave for Indiana. We left for Indiana that night at around 5:30. Luckily it was an uneventful trip (not like our drive home at Christmas). Although, Ady didnt sleep AT ALL on our 8 hour drive. Anyway, it was a hard week to get through and it went very very fast.
Grandma was 84 years old and she passed away in her own bed, like I'm sure she wanted. We all miss her.
Bethel Maxine Sneathen White

Ok, now the other stuff. Ian is starting his final rotation and taking 2 classes this quarter, AND studying for his qualifying exams. He has already let me know I won't see much of him over the next 4 months. Ick, but oh well. We knew it was going to happen at some point. We are both anxious for this to be over. Only 3? more years...

My news is this..I found out on Friday that one of the accountants at work is retiring in May! That is PERFECT  for me! I HOPE HOPE HOPE that they offer me the job. I hope that they just can't stand to see me go at the end of April and ask me to take on this job. 

Ady. Lets see what's going on there. She is getting smarter every day and is anxious to start school. 

Owen. There are some big changes there! On Ian's birthday we went out for dinner and by the time we got home, Owen was a crank so we put him to bed. After about 5 minutes of hearing him say 'mum-mum-mum-mum' over and over again, my heart couldn't take it anymore and I went to go get him. I walked into his room and just called for Ian. Owen was STANDING. He has pulled himself using his crib and was just standing there, screaming. We tried to find the camera and when we finally did, the batteries were dead. Figures. 
Yesterday, I put him down for a nap. He screamed for a while but finally went to sleep. When I went to wake him up so we could run some errands this is what I found


  1. Nothing to say but I love you!!

  2. Holy crap he's gotten HUGE! He's adorable!
    Sorry to hear about your grandma and sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up while you were in town. Just means I have to come visit soon I suppose! GL with the job!