Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Love Letter

Owen,
My sweet sweet baby boy. I can't believe it's already been a year. That is, a year since I found out that I was pregnant with you.
Your Daddy and I had been trying very hard (sorry Mom) for two months to make you. I went to class and just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to take a test. I pulled out one of the Dollar Store cheapies I bought just for this occasion. (The time when I doubted I was actually going to test positive b/c it was just too early but I wanted to test anyway) So I did what I needed to do. And a couple of minutes later there a line. A very very faint line. I held my breath and I just couldn't believe it! Was I actually pregnant!?!? I took out the fancy digital test I had bought and that one said 'Pregnant!'


I was so happy and so over the moon. I couldn't wait for your Daddy to get home that day so I could tell him. I was afraid he would call me that day and I wouldn't be able to hold in the surprise. Finally the afternoon came along and I picked up your big sister, Ady first. I had bought a shirt for her that said 'I"m the Big Sister' for her to wear as my way of telling Daddy that you were on the way.


Ady didn't really understand what any of this meant, but she was still excited! When Ian, thats Daddy to you, came home I asked him if he liked Ady's new shirt. He looked at and just said 'sure'. Sheesh. He was pre-occupied with the roof that was being put on the house. I finally told him to read what her shirt says. He finally got it and said 'Oh. well thats good'. I showed him the test that I had in my back pocket.
I must say, it's much rougher being pregnant when you have a three almost four year old running around the house. But Owen, you were very good to me.
Nine months later.
You arrived on your due date! Who would have thought?! It's rare for a baby to arrive right on time like that. I knew right away that you take after your Momma!
We are so thankful for you and so thankful that you are such a sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment